Thursday, November 11, 2010

Nice Weather


This week's weather has been AWESOME! I cant tell you how nice it is to go outside right now and feel 50 degrees or more. My mom and I decided to embrace this and take the girls to the wildlife sanctuary and trails. I had forgotten how cool this place is! My mom brought AJ and I here alot as kids but you forget things with age I guess ;) There is no charge to use the property so we strapped on our bags (or in my case a baby) and headed out to get some exercise while the weather was cooperating. Kaitlynn had a great time exploring all the different paths and finding the animal's homes. She especially liked the red fox's lair where she stopped, reached out her hand very seriously and said "Swiper no swiping." As some of you know this is from a popular kids show called Dora the Explorer but let me tell you, I was laughing for quite a long time. We meandered all over the grounds and found ducks and geese, squirrels and chipmunks. Kaitlynn was even quiet enough for a deer to cross our path but it didn't hang out for long. She just looked at it like "Whoa- that's a big one" and then he was gone. Good thing poor AJ wasn't here, he would have wanted to shoot this buckaroo

No comments: