Thursday, November 25, 2010

Thanksgiving




Today is one of my favoritest days of the year- Thanksgiving! This is because not only do we get to eat a ton of food without feeling bad about it but there is a huge parade before we feast! How could it be any better? Well this year it was because my little baby turned two. Yes, Miss Kaitlynn Bella Bronander is now officially two years old (at 2pm to be exact). It has been fun the past few weeks practicing how old she is and showing the number of fingers- she says she is three and holds up two and a half fingers- its adorable. The drive over with mom and dad went pretty well yesterday. We started out in the morning all packed up and ready to roll. Mom took a half day from school because she had a dermatologist appointment to check out some skin spots that we thought might be cancerous (don’t worry, they ended up being benign). So we popped into the outlet mall seeing we were so close and found dad a sweater (he gets cold now that he is a skinny mini) and then got back on the road. I can’t tell you how shocked I was about half way there when I saw my first snow plow of the season (big storm expected I guess) and a few miles further down the road it started to snow. I guess it was a good of time as any seeing we are all gearing up for the holiday season (at least I am). There were no major melt downs from the girls and we had a few really nice conversations along the way. I was so excited to wake up on Thanksgiving morning it was ridiculous. Olivia slept through the night (thank you sweet baby) so I got some excellent rest. Bella vista was already running around like a lit rocket so I already knew it would be a fun filled day. Kaitlynn shares her birthday with my cousin Nikki’s husband Justin who was born a few hours and a couple decades before her. AJ and Anna were able to make it over this year and all the cousins for the most part made it too. It was great to have so much family around to celebrate life and love… Drama for sure (as always) but I think that is what gives getting together its extra kick- in our case like Tabasco sauce ;)

*** A big thank you goes out to my cousin Kristina who made Bella’s birthday cake. I was so grateful that I didn’t have to bring one over and I have to say that nothing I could make would ever look as good as the one she made… It was a little piggy for my little piggy!

No comments: