
Well Olivia is practicing sitting up and Kaitlynn is falling down- seems about normal these days. After taking Olivia in for her four month shots (15 pounds by the way- a real chunker) we realized that we have not been sitting her up alot or putting her on her tummy at all. I guess I am leary to put her on the floor for tummy time because Kaitlynn the "Bruiser" is always running around the house honestly not worried about anything that gets in her way- including her sister. But I guess it is time to just get over it and put the itty bitty on the mat and see how it goes... She HATES it. Well at least every time I have tried it she has hated it. Maybe it will get better but she likes to be able to see whats going on and when she is down on the floor she cant see anything. Hopefully this will be her incentive to pick her head up and push with her arms... we shall see. Kaitlynn is definitely our little dare devil of the family. I swear the girl had no fears. We have been having to implement the time out much more frequently lately but honestly- I am not sure that they are working. What two year old do you know that says "I'm sorry" and uses it appropriately. Lets just say that Kaitlynn is the culmination of her father's curiosity's, her mothers determination and the brunt from both of us... when I say bruiser I mean it.

The other night she had decided to push the rocking chair we got from Tim's grandma up to the side of our bed and climb up. Usually this is fine. But this time she didn't push it all the way tight and she also tried to jump off- bad bad idea. She ended up beefing it off the chair and smashing her face on the side rail of our bed frame. It turned out to be her third or fourth black eye now- but who's counting anymore... that child! If only I didn't love her so much it might be easier- she is just like me though so I guess its my turn (sorry Mom- now I get it!)
No comments:
Post a Comment