I have had a few days off with the girls now and it has been great! I got alot of my errands run before I head to work and the closets have been cleaned- Again. It seems like a never ending process though. Every morning I get up around 8 and get Kaitlynn's milk and Cheerios ready for her. In the meantime I have mixed Olivia's bottle and it is ready to go for when I bring her up from our bedroom. Then the girls and I sit down to watch the morning cartoons- typically Dora, Diego or her favorite- Spongebob Squarepants. And this is what we do... everyday. I am not complaining because it is actually comforting now to have a routine, but its never exciting. I wash the dishes after breakfast and by this time we are getting ready for our day and I am either folding laundry and making beds or getting ready to start a new load of laundry and strip bedding. After all this is taken care of its usually time for lunch so we get that rolling and then Livi reminds me that she needs to eat too- so another bottle mixed- check! Now its nap time for both girls and I run off to hop in the shower before heading to work. This is when Timmy takes over and is the stay at home Daddy for the remainder of the day and gets the girls down for bed. Is it sad that I am relieved to go to work? How come nobody told me it was actually work to be a parent?... maybe they did I just wasn't listening... imagine that :)
No comments:
Post a Comment