Sunday, January 16, 2011

Olivia's Baptism

Olivia RoseMarie (named after Tim's mom and Aunt) has officially been baptised today. We asked my bestest friend in the whole world Jackie to be the God mama and Brad, Tim's brother to be the Godfather. We are so appreciative that they love us so very much because it was quite a haul for both of them to get here- Jackie from Chicago and Brad from LasVegas... so thank you guys very much! We are so lucky to have the awesome family and friends that we do. The whole Bronander side was able to get together for the first time in many years at the baptism of the youngest grandchild- that's pretty special in my book. Nothing really went wrong either (imagine that). Of course I decided not to do a cake at all this time- seeing I have absolutely the worst luck ever with ordering cakes. So instead of being disappointed again- we just skipped it... she's too little to eat it anyway right :) I have to say I felt a little bad because I spelt Brad's name wrong on the baptismal certificate form. I had asked Tim how he wanted it written and he said "ask Brad" so I asked Brad how he wanted it and he told me "do whatever you want." So I did- I just spelt it wrong- whoops. Instead of Bradley I wrote Bradly... I didn't know! It all worked out though and is now a cute little story to go with her big day. The other cool part was that mom and dad later treated everyone to China Kitchen buffet as her baptism present. It was cute because they asked me what we wanted for her gift from them and I said honestly- food or diapers. So this was a great gift for her- all her family surrounding her and happy bellies ta-boot! (thank you Jackie and Karla again- your generosity will not soon be forgotten) All in all it was a day of hugs and happiness... and tons of pictures (here are a few- thanks Paula and Andy Sr.)

No comments: