Saturday, January 15, 2011

Tundra Lodge and Xmas Bronander Style!



Yesterday was Mom's birthday. I got her a white cake with white frosting and big red roses just the way she likes it. If you recall this past summer we spent a whole lot of time in Algoma and visited the flying pig (artsy garden center) a few times- so that's what I got her- a Flying terracotta pig...and I am pretty sure she liked it. I took her out for Mexican yum yums and a few margaritas because she had a craptastic day. I guess her students were really getting to her and birthday or not- it was a horrible no good day. So we filled our bellies, got a little tipsy and then did some retail therapy. Today we spent time with Tim's side of the family. It was Christmas all day long! We started by meeting the whole bunch at the Tundra Lodge which is an indoor water park here in Green Bay. It was Karla's Christmas gift to the whole family and the kids absolutely LOVED it (thank you again Karla). I have to say the hot tub was great but miss Bella Bean sure gave us all a run for our money. Tim and Sharon stayed on dry land with the little bambino and watched us through the big picture windows. Kyra had fun wrestling Dominic on the lazy river and playing on the climbing equipment with Cassie and Kalli. I tried to get some great pictures but it was so darn humid in there it was nearly impossible- next time I guess. After we had our fill of water fun- we headed back to our house for a little siesta before spending our evening at Andy and Sharon's for another Christmas celebration- this time it was with the whole family. The grandkids enjoyed opening presents (and so did I) but the coolest thing was to have all four of the Bronander brothers together again. Since Brad lives in Las Vegas and there were some years Andy was disjointed- this was one of the few times they have all been together as adults. So it was pretty awesome that they got to spend some time together. We ate Brats (a few burnt ones just for me) and had some really good laughs... Family is the greatest, and if it wasn't so stressful- I'd have more!

No comments: