
So we have decided to keep old Spunky Dog. After all the horsing around to find a new owner this fall we decided that it just wasn't worth the stress it was putting on all of us... the emotional distancing and then let down when plans fell through. I never knew how close you can get to an animal until the thought of them not being there with you presents itself. It doesn't help that every Friday that Kyra comes home from school, the first thing she says is "Can I take Spunky for a walk?" How do I say no? To make matters worse- little Bella Bean has learned how to say his name so every morning she always calls him up to go outside. She will lean her little body down the steps and call "Puppy Spunky- you go potty now." I just don't have the heart to let him go. I know my father was looking forward to us finding him new owners but he is here to stay- 7 years is a long time. But rest assured, he will be our only dog- I don't think we would ever find another one as good as he is- that is until the girls are teenagers and talk us into it... I don't even want to think about teenagers- I guess I have a few years to get used to the idea! For now we will continue to pick up the poopies poopers in the back yard. (when its not snowing ofcourse)
No comments:
Post a Comment