
Today we are flying down to Austin Texas to watch my cousin Jennifer get married... we are all growing up I guess. It seems like just yesterday JJ and I were sharing outfits and making short skits in Grandma and Grandpa Jones' front living room. Because they lived in Texas we rarely got to visit but when we did- watch out- it was a hella good time. We used to make AJ push us around on a bike in Phoenix. I know it doesn't sound so bad but let me clarify: We were roughly 7 and 9, it was a full size trike style bike so both Jennifer and I were on it, and if you knew me as a child- i was just as chubby back then as I am now- proportionately of course :) So poor AJ had to push our big butts (mine more than hers) all around the yard- it was awesome... for us. But anyways back to the wedding. So yes, we have the very good luck to be flying down to Austin today to join our family in celebrating Jennifer's vows with her super sweet fiance Andrew. (Side note: Andrew's last name is Vinyard which I find to be cleverly ironic because they both love wine... which is even funnier because at the wedding I drank way too much... but I will get there in time). So at 7 am we got the girls loaded into the truck and headed to the airport. We made great time and were lucky enough to be traveling with my parents on the way out there so we had lots of hands to help with the bags. It does urk me though that you have to pay for checked luggage- don't they know that we are paying enough for the flight already- sheesh! Jeremy and Sharon (Tim's mom and brother) were there to see us off and give big hugs to all three girls before we left for the long weekend. Lucky for us there was a little playroom in the terminal so they all had fun building towers and then Katie-Zilla came through and knocked them over. Even mom and dad were getting into the architecture. The girls did well on the flight out, Bella slept and Via ate. Miss Kyra Jean played her Nintendo DS every second they would allow it and if I remember correctly beat her high score in tetris. We flew into Austin in the mid afternoon- got our bags and our cars and headed out to the hotels. (FYI: do not look to Al as the leader in an airport anymore, in all the busyness he gets a bit flustered and takes off- literally- I was looking for him and Kyra at the gate and they were down at baggage claim already- I guess its that fight or flight response when you get overwhelmed- in this case he utilized the flight and flew right out of there which was very frustrating with two little ones in tow- not to mention Tim and my mother freaking out- OK maybe it was me freaking out but who is telling the story here hmmmm?) After we got checked into the hotels (hot breakfast AJ and Anna) we were off to Target to get diapers and such for the bambinos. Mom and Dad had their own car so they swooped up Kyra and headed off to find Mary, Carlos and the gang. We got a little lost and ended up showing up to dinner about 45mins late (Whoops) but nobody made us feel bad which was awesome. The bride looked beautiful and the groom was totally relaxed so it made our bustling day sort of fade away... I can breathe now right?

No comments:
Post a Comment