Sunday, March 13, 2011

Wee little Headache

So I drank too much last night... I am not going to get into it but lets just say that a mother of 3 should not be holding a bucket all night. Thank goodness I have a great husband and family that totally took care of me... won't be doing that again. Today was the BBQ at Mary and Carlos' house to visit with the bride and groom before they headed off on their honeymoon in Costa Rica(very jealous I must add). My head was pounding so for the first portion of the day I hung out in the background and drank my Dr. Pepper very sloooooowly. After a few hours I came around and was able to enjoy other people's company a little more. I have now discovered why people limit the amount of alcohol they drink. I had never really drank wine before so I honestly didn't know how much I had until it was way too late- whoopsie. I definitely had a good time though and isn't that what the bridesmaids are supposed to do?!?!? Huh?!?!?! Regardless, it was nice to spend some time with the family before we all went our separate ways. Kyra enjoyed playing with the Uhlenhop girls from Phoenix and some of the Soto cousins from Texas. She of course had her little camera in hand for the very important photo opportunities. The hilarious part is that she is not so bad- actually she is pretty good and some of these pics are her's... so I can't make too much fun of her... but 350 is alot for one weekend don't you think? (I may be exaggerating). It was cool to take the tour of Mary and Carlos' home too which I had never seen before this visit. I had always imagined what I thought their house would look like but it was honestly even better than I envisioned. Every single thing had meaning and you could tell was chosen for a very special reason... I may have to steal some ideas from you momma Mary. And their back yard!!! I was telling Jennifer that it was stepping into a spa... B.E.A.U.-tiful for sure. We spent the evening swimming in the hotel pool and having a Jones visit on the patio. I have always loved the visiting that the siblings do with each other. I never get too involved because I am a third generation but I like to just sit there and observed- take it all in. There are never any heated discussions (that I can remember at least) but they are never too polite to disagree- I love it! It reminds me of the movie/ book the Divine secrets of the YAYA sisterhood- its a good one and as screwed up as I think all our lives really are if not more so. I do not like to read so I never made it all the way through the books, but I somehow associate myself with Sandra Bullock (who owns a restaurant in Austin FYI) and so because she is the main character in the movie, and it is in Louisiana, another city I think I was made for, I totally made the jump to it being about my life. Which it has absolutely not one single parallel to----- I just like it :)

No comments: