Tuesday, March 15, 2011
Headed Home
We headed back home to Wisconsin yesterday which was a total bummer. The weather in Texas was so nice I don't even want to think about how cold it is back home. Flying out of Green Bay was no major deal but flying out of Austin was a much different experience. Not as bad as Las Vegas- but still not small Town for sure. On our way to the airport we stopped to fill up the rental car's tank so as not to be charged and arm and a leg for a fill up. While we were pulling out of the gas station Tim screamed look and pointed to his right. I was for sure that I was going to see a baby falling out of a car or something incredibly serious- it was a van- really? BUT it did end up being a super cool van that belonged to a set of guys we watch on TV. American Pickers is on A&E (I think) and this was their van that drive around "picking" antiques and memorabilia. Unfortunately for us it was not the actual pickers themselves but I am sure it was someone from their staff driving it home to Iowa... I wonder what they were doing in Texas? Anyways, we got the car dropped off, got ourselves through the checkpoints and realized that we hadn't fed the children lunch yet- whoopsee.
So we grabbed lunch in the airport- Tim had awesome BBQ at the "Salt Lick" and we got our sleepy bambinos on the plane. All three of the girls did great and we got into Minneapolis right on time. Our flight to Green Bay was another story though. We rushed to get to the new gate and upon arrival were informed that there was a delay due to a malfunctioning toilet- what! At first we were all complaining like "Who needs a toilet its only 30 minutes" but after a little think time I realized that I don't want to be on an airplane after someone takes a number two and have it all around my feet or something- no sir-ee bob. So we waited the hour and a half and got into Green Bay around midnight. Tim's mom and brother were there to meet us which was super nice cause it was really late and we were all very crabby- but we were home... a chilly 27 degrees- but home nonetheless... is it too early to go back?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment