Friday, March 18, 2011

Via is 6 months old!

My itty bitty baby is 6 months old already- where did they all go? Don't get me wrong- I am totally happy that I am no longer pregnant... for sure. But this is my last Bambino and she's already so big. In the 90th percentile to be exact. At first I was totally stoked because I rarely get to claim something that is in the 90th percentile... but after further consideration I found that she is in that category based on her weight and head size... her height is in the 50th- where it should be. I guess she is like her momma: chubby and short- but you can only stack sugar so high right!!! I am hoping that she has a giant head (thanks Timmy) that is matched with a giant brain and we are dealing with a super smart baby here- we shall see :)
This week we have opted to let go of the infant tub. She is not sitting real well on her own yet but the splashing is getting out of control. I think I may be getting more soap in my hair that she is getting in hers. She loves to take a bath though... even more than Kaitlynn did. She just sucks in the lip and does a "gummy" smile (like GG)... We are dealing with the happiest baby ever here people!
When I was at the doctors for her check up I realized that I am a little behind the game in what I should be feeding her. I guess she can already be eating baby food and use a sippy cup- WHAT! So we bought our first round of runny carrots, peas and peaches. She really doesn't get the hang of it yet. Primarily she will allow me to put the spoon in her mouth and then she will bat the food around with her tongue before (and very powerfully) spitting it back towards the person feeding her. At least she does it to both her father and myself... I don't feel so bad that way.

No comments: