Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Daddy Day

Yesterday was Father's Day and I had the good fortune to work- don't get me wrong I totally love my job- the bitterness comes into play when I think about the fact that I originally had off this weekend and then was told my schedule was changed and now I have to work 36 hours of night shift... I get a little testy. I guess it all worked out well though. Tim spent the day with his girls at his parents with the rest of his family. They had a BBQ and the boys worked on his Dad's classic Ford which is something I know they all enjoy. The girls got some much needed Nana time and I got some sleep- so all in all it ended up being a pretty nice way to spend the holiday. AJ was home to see mom and dad for the weekend and got some quality time in with them too. I was happy to hear that he was picking up his cats though. So I am going to use this time to tell a little story: Its not that I dislike AJ and Anna's cats- not in the least. I think I am incredibly jealous and here's why. My little dog Spunky has been around for at least 6 years now. He is an ugly mutt but a well behaved dog. He has only visited my parents home once and per my very particular father, he had to stay outside in the garage while we were visiting there inside. (Now here's the funny part) AJ and Anna dropped off their two cats off at my parents and they have stayed for a month- a frickin month- WhAt?!? I am telling you, not only do I feel a little like a second rate citizen but now mom and dad are referring to them as the grand kitties- really? My dog has to stay out in the cold ass garage and AJ's cats get to take a royal crap (they have poop palaces) in my mother's laundry room... The reason I can speak so candidly about this is because even my mother has to laugh about it... she totally loves those cats... its hilarious! (AJ and Anna I just had to tease you guys cause you know its true). At any rate- today was their first day without the cats and I could tell they were a little bummed- I would almost use the term withdrawls. It just so happens that its Dad's birthday as well so I think the cake I brought helped dull the pain a bit- HA! I know Kaitlynn and Kyra sure thought the frosting was an OK substitute... Then I had to wonder if I should get them a cat for their anniversary? --- Oh the times they are a changin :)

1 comment:

AJ Herrman said...

We cant help it that your dog is ugly and out cats our adorable...

Love,

AJ and Anna