
This is a weekend full of excitement- mainly because I have two weddings to attend on the very same day. The sucky part is that one is for an old friend and one is for a new friend... It should be interesting. The first wedding was up in Kewaunee which when I asked around work, everybody said it was about 20 minutes out of town. I should have trusted my guts and looked it up on mapquest but I never did. I left the house with about 45 minutes to spare which was good... because it took me 45 minutes to get there- WTF! Needless to say I drove like a crazy woman to get there and with my trusty side kick "Girdy" (the GPS) we made it lickity split. However one funny story is the fact the Girdy (copied after Mary and Carlos' GPS... FYI) doesn't always take you the most logical routes- just the fastest. Well in order to get me to the church on time (hehehe) she took me right through a cemetery- really?!? Oh yes she did, lucky for me I didn't have to actually travel into it as the gates were closed because I am sure I would have ruffled a few tail feathers with my not so timid driving techniques. I just turned my big momma magnum around the corner to the nearest parking spot and darted for the church. So I was a teeny bit late... which I thought would be no big deal except that there were all of 30 people in the church- a pretty small wedding to sneak into- I figured a Catholic Wedding in Wisconsin in June- I was certain I would have more cover than that! No such luck- however the bride is an incredibly nice nurse that I work with so she thought it was great that I even made it to the church (and secretly so did I).

Moving onto the next wedding... Later in the afternoon was my good friend from high school and college Molly's wedding which was being held at Packer Stadium. My bestest buddie Jackie was invited and Tim volunteered to stay home with the girls so I could be her plus one- chaching! I wore the exact same dress from the first wedding, threw on some heels, a headband and we were out the door. Not before she could grab a few cuddles from her goddaughter though- Livi's just so lovable how could you not? I always love seeing Jackie because she totally centers me. I can tell when it has been a long time in between our visits because I am always out of breath trying to tell her everything that is new with me- email just doesn't seem to always cut it- you know. So I was able to lay all my problems on the table and she helped me reason through each and every one (like she always does) and we moved on with the night. It was a super cute ceremony (maybe 40 people) and it wasn't Churchy at all which was refreshing. The girls were wearing traditional bridesmaid dresses I guess but she did this cool twist on peacock feather colors that I would have totally stolen the idea from had I been getting married after her (damn). The best part was (besides the fact that there were like 10 women wearing polka dots- me being one of them) was the end of the recession (leaving the ceremony) when from out of nowhere started a Packer song blasting-"bang on the these drums" and the entire wedding party started high fiveing the crowd...what the hell! It was awesome :) Following that there were a few pictures and an open bar (which I did maximize- Jackie thanks for introducing me to Cranberry Vodka- or is that Vodka Cranberries..?) a great meal, some excellent dancing and my personal favorite---- a photo booth. Oooooh Yah, you bet Jackie and I smashed in there together and took some pictures for the happy couple in a way only she and I could... it was a gift for sure. All in all it was an excellent time with food, drinks and friends that were super special... We did hit the gay bar after for some more dancing though- what can I say- we had the urge to splurge.
No comments:
Post a Comment