
It turns out that the little Livi-Monster has been having seizures. After three weeks and many bitten finger nails the doctor finally got back to us and we met in his office to go over the details. So I guess when we would swaddle her she would fight it so hard that her body would Vagal down (ie: malfunction and shut down) which sent her into a seizure from the stress of it and then after the seizing her body forgot to start her breathing again- whoopsies. I had to reassure Tim that it was nothing that he caused- she's just so Bucky that her body breaks. Not like she would have inherited that from either of her parents or her Grandmothers for that matter. After talking to mom for a bit I also learned that she would hold her breath as a child until she passed out- which this is sorta like- just not voluntary... Livi-Sauraus (what Tim calls her) just gets so pissed that her brain shuts down. Sooooo the plan is no more swaddling. As it turns out, since we quit bundling her up we haven't had a spontaneous episode again. Makes you wonder if this is going to be a long term thing or not. I can tell you what- if I have an eight year that gets upset in a store and passes out I am going to be pissed! However, I am totally glad she was not a SIDs baby (Sudden Infant Death Syndrome) like they thought she may be... alive and crabby is way better than no bambino at all. So the plan is to start anti-seizure meds for the next sixth months and re-evaluate on December 20th--- Hopefully there will be happy news for Christmas--- but I wont hold my breath (OK- I guess that was a bad joke, but if we don't laugh about it, it just makes us cry) Tears of joy my friends... tears of joy.
No comments:
Post a Comment