Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Summer is finally here!!!

School’s out for the summer and it is finally HOT here in Wisconsin! Today we picked Kyra up from her last day of 5th grade and it was definitely a scorcher out there- 90 degrees and totally humid... the breeze felt like a slap in the face but at least its not snow. I can not tell you how excited I am to have her home for the whole summer. She is very excited to get her new room cleared out, painted and set up so hopefully I can get myself motivated this week… we shall see. Yesterday we got some good news and some bad news. The good news is that Tim has a job interview this Wednesday. The bad news is that there were some “abnormalities” on Olivia’s EEG (brain scan) and we need to see the doctor on Monday to go over the results…Crap. After working in the hospital I can tell you that if they need to see you in the office it is never good news… ugh. I will try not to think about it for the next week but man o man, not looking forward to it. Yesterday I went on a rafting trip with 20 other people from my hospital. We had an awesome time (especially because I had a great partner) and but I didn’t realize there were actually going to be real rapids… and work :) We left Green Bay at 630am (too early for sure) and dropped in the water around 830 or so. We didn’t get out of the water until after 6pm and let me tell you- it was one of the best times I have ever had. I got way too much sun though and I probably drank too many homemade concoctions… but it was an excellent time!

No comments: