
Kyra has decided to play soccer again this year. She grew so much as a player last year that I am looking forward to seeing how well she does this year. Her favorite position seems to be "sweeper" but I would say that they keep her mainly on defense and goalie. We are working on not being afraid of the ball and I want to teach her to follow through the play... so for example if she and a girl are kicking at the ball and the other girl gets it, she shouldn't just stop mid run, she should follow it through and try to get it back... not sure if she will be able to put it into practice but she sure is cute to watch. The games are typically on Monday and Thursday evenings which means that there are very few that I am actually able to make it to seeing I work 230pm till 11pm. However every once in a while I am actually off of work these days and I get to watch her play. Last week was one of these times and I guess I didn't get the memo that the parents were not supposed to cheer for their kids because I swear I was the only one out there rooting for our team... really!?! As it turns out, the parents were very nicely asked not to scream or cheer too loudly at the games as the (very sensitive) referees feel that the crowd gets unruly... whoopsy :) At least I hadn't yelled anything bad at the refs- good to know!
No comments:
Post a Comment