
Yes my mother is holding an eyeball :) (at least it looks that way... we were pretty far away from it in this picture). About two years ago I was finishing up a class called Outsider Art for my bachelor degree. For those of you who are not familiar with outsider art, essentially it is all the weird local stuff you see. So the huge towers made from empty glass bottles, and the giant bugs made from scrap metal, the weird sculptures and in this case- the giant roadside attractions. I had learned about this artform in my college class and a few years back we went on a "weird Wisconsin" tour. You may remember hearing about the "Forevertron" and the Circus museum near the Dells. Well this particular attraction was on my list of possible locations to explore we just never got to it. While we were driving into Sparta I saw this massive eyeball on the side of the property and just knew we had to take some pictures! I tried to get some different perspectives but the girls were just too tuckered out to cooperate- so I made Lynnie model for me. I can't believe I have never been here- and its right outside of Sparta! We did not have time to go through the collection (although you can) because Kaitlynn was napping, but next time we are over this way I say we get a bunch of us and see what kind of creative and fun situations we can get ourselves into!
No comments:
Post a Comment