Saturday, September 10, 2011

Last Days of Summer :(

The girls and I have been enjoying these last few days of Summer at my parents house. They have such a great time out there and now that school is started they don't have their favorite playmate Kyra everyday anymore. After the first of the month Kyra moved back home with her mom, step dad and stepbrothers for the school year. and we are all super sad to see her go- Although I think she is having a pretty awesome weekend because today is Will and Jade's wedding day... I know- how fun! As far as my mother goes, I think she is having withdraw ls from the girls because she was used to seeing them at least 5-6 days a week and now its down to only a few. Lucky for her come January she will be retired from teaching and will get to see them as much as her little heart desires. My dad is doing well. He just had a routine scope done of his esophagus (how they found the cancer the first time) and it appears there is no new growth (which is good). He will never be fully free of the cancer, but he seems to be living a pretty full life in spite of it. He still is gardening and doping maintenance on their home, its just at a slower pace (which is good trust me). I am incredibly grateful that God let him stay with us even these few years to meet my girls and to keep my mom company as she adjusts to the idea... He may not be here for a very long time, but I am trying to get as much quality in that time as possible so I can remember what a great guy he is :) ( I have to stop now or I am going to cry- whoops)

No comments: