
A few weeks ago Kaitlynn, myself and my parents went to Madison for a quick overnight- and it was awesome. Baby Via stayed home with Timmy and it was nice to have some one on one time with my Bella Vista. We left town after my parents were done with work and headed down to the capital the same evening. We got there and checked into the hotel and boy oh boy- was it beautiful. A little walk on state street totally hit the spot but most of the little boutique shops were closed... we would have to hit them in the morning. The hotel itself was only a few steps away from the capital and it was super swanky. Bella loved the special elevator we got to take because it was covered in mirrors! At first it was a little weird because only people with a certain key could use this fancy elevator... and for once we were those people! (Well not really all of us- just my dad who was there on business) but I will tell you what- I have absolutely no problem with hanging onto people's coat strings to get to see something this cool. So we pitched in the extra moola to get a roll away bed for myself and Bella to share. Sidenote: I think it was the most comfortable bed I have slept in for quite a long time... I think this years taxes go to an amazing mattress. At any rate- Kaitlynn loved the elevator, even though on our way to the pool her little hand got stuck in it and she was terrified. I guess these older elevators aren't st up for little fingers. And it wasn't in the part where the doors come together it was in the part where the doors fold in on themselves- I honestly think she could have lost some fingers. But lucky for her super strong momma was there with crazy fast grammie to hold them open and pry her hand out... it was crazy. We all shared some tears and then it was off to the pool where we did a little playing but the water was freezing cold. It was more of a lap pool anyway and Bella just liked playing on the steps between the pool and the hot tub that was connected to it. I wish I had my camera with me because the swimsuit she was wearing was insane. My mom and I are habitual rummage sale queens- this you know- but i guess she found this "learn to swim" apparatus where the floaties are built right into the suit itself. I have to say that in theory it was an awesome concept but it was hilarious to see her try and maneuver in it! He little body was so packed into this thing and she waddled when the shorts would ride up on her little chubbers. She kept pulling down on the neck area because when it was in the water it would keep her chin up but her little body would sink... that poor girl. I guess it doesn't help that her grandma and mother where laughing but it teaches the girl not to take life too seriously right?

The following morning we headed out to the square around the capitol where they were having a Farmer's market. Argh- I totally belong in this city! Every once in while I go to a place where I just feel right- one of these places is Madison, Wi. I just get it- and it gets me... ah to dream. At any rate... we had fun going through the different vendors and looking at all the art and eccentricities. I bought a collage painting and actually forgot my credit card there but they called me a few minutes later and it was all good. Mom got some veggies and Bella enjoyed the puppeteer and his show- she is getting soooo big! We also took a moment to stop and listen to a band that was playing there called Boo Bradley- if you get a chance to look them up on Youtube they are absolutely amazing :)

The other reason we went down to Madison was to visit the Vilas Zoo- one of my favorites. Dad was still at the Badger game with AJ and his buddy so us girls went to the zoo for a while. I was having total flashbacks to when I was little. However it has changed in its layout quite a bit. Bella had fun running around on all the paths and looking for the next animal we were about to "discover." I was sad though that they don't make those little wax animal sculptures anymore :( I used to love those things! Although I must say that with this heat today, a wax monkey may not do so well. When we were all done at the zoo (which took forever to find our prime parking spot by the way) we dipped our toes in the lake across the road. Well Kaitlynn dipped more than her toes- more like her whole bodacious body- but that's what kind of girl she is (we are in trouble) I just don't have the heart to yell at her... cause she is just like me :)

After a very hot a long day, we stopped at the Cracker Barrel (my favorite restaurant) on the way out of town before making our way back North. I was so excited because they had out their Halloween merchandise already and it was so hard to choose! I ended up buying two different head gears to wear on our trick-or-treating adventures in a few weeks... it should be a great time!
No comments:
Post a Comment