
My itty bitty miracle baby turned one today - Thank God. As many of you know, when Via was about 8 months old she was having episodes where she would stop breathing. At one point I actually had to do CPR on her (horrible). But as it turns out, she was having silent seizures and was put on medication. Come December we will be able to see the pediatric neurologist again and see if she still needs them but in the meantime... its time to party! We celebrated her big day in a local park. It was nice because I didn't have to do crazy cleaning the morning of and it takes the stress off the day a little. We just brought the cakes (A dreamsicle flavor and then Tim made a giant chocolate cupcake) and some ice cream. We have done this now for a few of Kyra's bdays and it works out great. Everyone brings their lawn chairs and whatever they want to drink and we all just sit around and visit. The kids can run to play on the toys and usually the Bronander brothers will toss around the pigskin. This particular day was a little chilly and there was a threat of rain-- but we tough Wisconsinites were not to be deterred. We made it through the entire time and miss Olivia had a blast.

At first she was unsure of her hands while she ate the cake but after she got it figured out- it was all over. Although I must say they were quite dainty bits she was taking. I remember Kaitlynn would try and stuff absolutely as much as possible into her mouth and I would keep hoping she wasn't going to choke. This bambino was not quite as eager but she still totally destroyed that cupcake in the end- I have a baby tortoise and a baby hare I guess :)

Kalli and Kaitlynn were so cute because they helped the little princess open her presents. The best part was that then they wanted to play with them :) And Olivia for the most part was totally okay with this--- which I don't think that sharing will last too much longer. Although the hand-me-downs are going to be awesome!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment