Monday, October 10, 2011

Bella's Adventures

Fall is definitely happening now in Wisconsin... there is no denying it. Which then reminds me of the fact that soon the girls will be inside for the next 6 months or so... and in turn makes me shudder a little ;) For the most part the bambinos get along but do they make a mess -sheesh! So I am trying diligently to get out as much as possible before the snow starts to fly. Very close to us is a nature preserve that has many paths through the woods. So Bella, my mom and I decided to go out exploring and see what we could find. As it turns out, there are many more trails than we knew and we put on some pretty hefty miles- which I guess in the long run is a good thing right? Katie loved feeding the ducks as well. Here is Northern Wisconsin the Canadian Goose is a protected species. In other areas though not so far away there is an actual hunting season for geese so I have to brush up on my different types. All I know is that along the entire road before you turn into the Wildlife Sanctuary there are signs posted that if you hurt a Canadian Goose it is a 500 to 1,000 dollar fine - you better believe I was watching out for these guys. Bella had so much fun though deciding which birds she was going to feed. At first she was all timid with the corn but by the end she was grabbing huge handfuls and whipping them like there was no tomorrow. She was walking around honking too just like the birds. One of them actually hissed at her and she said "don't you sass me." What a cutie!

No comments: