Friday, October 28, 2011

Sweet Street

Day one of trick or treating and we are off to a great start. Today I took the three girls to an indoor Halloween extravaganza of sorts. The nice part is that is eases the girls back into the swing of things with trick or treating (mainly their manners) and there are tons of fun games and events for them to participate in. Olivia is just the right size to fit in the Halloween costumes that Bella wore as an itty bitty... which is good because each of the girls have a bajillion costumes to wear this weekend! One of the very first things we did was get the girls hair colored. Kyra has always loved doing this and was totally excited to share it this year with Bella. The girls are definitely getting along a little better lately and I think Kyra likes the fact that Katie can tell her things instead of just crying like Via. Kyra has a very hard time with Olivia. I think in part because she is nervous that she is going to hurt her (ever since the hospital stay) and that she can not figure out why Via is crying... or screeching for that matter ;)This was also the only time that the girls were going to be able to go without jackets or super heavy costumes so I told Kyra if she wanted bare legs- this was it. And boy oh boy did she capitalize. Miss Kyra Jean is stuck somewhere between wanting to be a teenager and still being a little girl. I find it hard at times because I never know which way to go with her. But I am learning . Tonight she will be staying at Tim's parents which is something she loves to do. It is time spent with family but not necessarily with her little sisters. I have to give her credit because she is a good sport going along with everything. Although I am sure I will overcompensate with Kyra's candy consumption this weekend. After a stroll through the haunted forest he girls had fun participating in the musical show that one of the local kids performers was putting on. At one point they were even able to go up on stage with him! I haven't really been able to see Kaitlynn sit still like that and concentrate so much for such a long time- I think we may be ready for story time!!!

No comments: