
Olivia was harnessing the power of Yoda this Halloween and as her uncle Jeremy says... "The power is strong with this one." We had a great time Trick or Treating with Tim's family today in their neighborhood which is only a few miles from our house. It was nice because the girls had a chance to rest while Kyra was at school, and then they were fully charged to get into their costumes and hit the pavement when she got home. Late in the rummage sale season we found kyra's costume that she wore today which was Dorothy from the Wizard of Oz. She has been planning this outfit for weeks and although she wanted to wear my glittery red platforms, she settled for a pair of red crocks instead. I was pleased that she didn't put up to big of a fight with wearing long sleeves under her dress... there were a few tears but she got over it quickly with the mention of candy.

Kaitlynn wore a little costume that Sharron picked up for her this past summer as well. For the past year or so (I guess since she could talk) Bella has been totally in love with Elmo. Elmo this and Elmo that... Elmo Elmo Elmo. Just recently she started to actually sit and watch Sesame Street (which has been great) and boy oh boy this girl loves her Elmo. It is cute to watch her though because she basically knows her numbers and will sing the ABCs for you but when you ask this girl a color--- everything is pink... or as far as she is concerned it should be because its her favorite.

I had Bella wear these super cute glitter dress shoes to go with her Elmo costume. However, the thing I didn't think through- which I must have had a major mom (hahaha Major Tom) brain fart is that she probably would have a hard time walking in them... and she totally did- whoops! So after running to a few houses she ran out of steam pretty quickly. Then it was up to Auntie Karla and Grandma Nana who bore the brunt of the going from door to door with her. Eventually she gave up and wanted to be pushed by her Papa in the stroller in between the driveways and then she would pop out, run to the door and then hop back in her seat. Kyra was running up ahead of everyone which we were okay with because we were all on the same street and she could hit more houses this way. I personally was pooped from the whole weekend and keeping everything organized so honestly I was of absolutely no use to anyone... but I did get some cute pictures :)

In the end we stayed out with Kyra from 4 until 7pm when Trick or Treating was officially done in Green Bay. Andy and Sharon were awesome because they took the two little girls home with them about half way through which meant that Tim, Jeremy and I could stay out with Kyra and makes some serious miles. The little girls love it over at Nana and Papa's anyway so this was a great treat for them too. Karla found us after a bit and visited with the boys and I while Kyra ran every which way and Treated as much as possible. She even got full size candy bars (which I promptly confiscated). All in all it was a super great day (my favorite of the year) and I am counting down the days until we can do it again... 364 to be exact.
No comments:
Post a Comment