I can honestly say I do not miss being a 12 year old girl--- holy crap balls. All that mental anguish for what seems like an eternity was finally over this morning when Kyra got to wear her first day of school outfit. Its seriously been weeks of waffling back and forth over what top goes with what bottoms and her proposing an ansamble to me and then I had to shoot it down because it was not appropriate for school. Which is totally my own fault - she has an awesome sense of style - because I let her watch these designing shows with me where they have like no clothes on their models not to mention the dolls that she has with an inch of clothing on them... but how do you tell your sweet little girl that she looks like a hooker??? (she just didn't understand that a middrift racer-back tank didn't go well with a denim miniskirt and knee high boots--- I almost died). Lucky for me she settled on the racer-back tank and jeans that went OVER her boots so I didn't have to worry she was making a poor first day impression to her teachers (I don't want to be the mom who sends her kids to school in shorts and a T shirt in the middle of January in Wisconsin-sheesh).
This is a picture of Kyra along with her two stepbrothers Alyx (1st grade) and Tony (Kindergarten), This will be the first time in the last 7 years that I haven't taken her for her first day of school *sigh. Our arrangement for the summer seemed to work out pretty well in the end where we had her for a week at a time instead of the entire break. At first I was totally bummed and to tell you the truth I was hurt, disappointed and angry--- but I got over it. We get her at our house two weekends a month and i have to work one of them which is less time for me but awesome for Tim because he gets a little bonding time with her and the girlies. I tried to set it up so they could go fishing but because our summertime was literally cut in half with her new requested schedual it was almost impossible- but we made it happen a few times. I think she had a good time (I hope). You never can really tell with these teenagers- its like their emotions have been stripped out of their bodies 75% of the time. And then all of a sudden out of nowhere they get excited- which makes me excited- but its short lived and the "dark cloud of pre-teen" rolls in again and all is gloomy. Lucky for me I love rainy days so I hope I can adapt to all this little one can throw at me--- lightning bolts and all.

No comments:
Post a Comment