Monday, September 3, 2012

One last Hoorah of Summer Fun

Unkie Jackie was here this weekend and we got to visit with her quite a bit (I feel a little guilty for how much time I got-yes!) On Saturday she and I went and caught up with friends from high school and college and on Saturday we went out to see how CrAzY Green Bay does at the bar scene. Although I have to say my favorite part of her visit was the time we spent up in Algoma on the beach. On the drive up ( 100 feet from her parent's driveway) we stopped at a FREE veggie stand. I literally backed up and pulled to the side of the road and we filled our bags with goodness. There were tomatoes of all sizes and types (Kaite calls them "pomatoes") cucumbers, eggplant, peppers and tons of other things I was not familiar with but Jackie sure knew what they were. (She is amazing in the kitchen if you don't know this already--- PS Jackie if you make chocolate cake and peanut butter frosting anytime soon let me know and I may have to consider driving down the four hours to eat some--- I still shudder from joy eveyrtime I think about it) When we got into Algoma there was a rummage sale that I tried really hard to pass up but I gave in... my name is Trina and I am addicted to rummage sales. At least its a cheap enough habit- not like heroin or anything. (By the way: there were tons of billboards along side the highway that were anti-drug ads which is not the weird part. The fact that they were for heroin totally freaked me out. Now kids are shooting up heroin?!?!?-- that's scary) At any rate-- when we finally got to the beach the girls (all 5 of us) had a total blast. Jackie was way more adventurous than I was and hit the water with the girls right away. After some major peer pressure I was in the lake too but not for long- it was freaking cold. Kyra and Jackie stayed in for what seemed like an eternity and I would periodically bring one or both of the girls in for a quick dip and then back out to play in the sand... Oh to be young.

No comments: