Sunday, September 23, 2012

Via's 2nd Bday

Today we celebrated Olivia's 2nd birthday at a local park. Tim's parents were out of town on her actual birthday (not to mention it was a Tuesday and we also did not have Kyra) so this worked out great. Our original plan was to have it at a different park but there just so happened to be a huge family reunion going on so we were not able to get any tables or shelters. So luckily Andy and Paula called us quick and we were able to get the word out to everyone that the location had changed (I love cell phones) and luckily my parents were running late as usual so they were still at home- whew! Preble park is actually like a block or so behind our house so it was super close. Kaitlynn has been potty training as of late so I was nervous we were going to have to drop everything and run to the bathroom (which the closest would be at home) but she played that whole time without the slightest accident.
Even the boys got into playing with the various equipment. It was fun to watch everyone embrace their inner child and just have fun  :)
It has been a while since we went to Preble park because last spring they got new climbing equipment that made it hard for me to keep up with Via. This is because there a super huge openings on the tippy top of the slide and our little dare devil likes to look down at the ground. I literally have had visions of her plummeting to her death so I was leary to come back. But seeing as we had so many adults around I figured it was time to see how she would do now as a big 2 year old and not a 1 and a half year old. And she did great. It was actually Katie that wound up with a few scratches, bumps and bruises but definitely no worse for the wear. I am not sure that I can say that about the grandmas though. As you can see below- the Wisconsin fall temperatures have fallen quickly. I suppose the shade had something to do with it but both Sharon and my mom were chattering during the festivities... I bet they thawed out by Packer kickoff at 3:00 pm
It was a great get together. Katie had a hard time watching Olivetta opening all her awesome presents and not having any to open herself but I gently (and then more firmly as she helped herself to a few) reminded her that her birthday would be coming up in a few months and then it would be her turn to open presents... she cant wait. Just the other day she was watching cartoons and there was an add for "Duplos" (which are like building blocks) and she says to me... " Mommy- you can find these in the toy isle." Really??? Now I understand the power of suggestion... Christmas should be interesting
FYI: Olivia RoseMarie Bronander ate 4 cupcakes (primarily the frosting) and and two scoops of ice cream followed by a two and a half hour nap
life is good
:)

No comments: