Christmas
Eve is finally here. This is my 3rd favorite holiday (yes I have the
incessant need to categorize and organize everything in my life... I
blame my mother for this one.) And so I was pretty bummed to find out
that both Tim and were going to have to work for at least the majority
of the day. Unfortunately his mother had to work at night and his dad
had a "Santa" gig so really there was not a lot planned. The girls went
to my parent's while we were both working and they took them (all 3) to
Christmas mass (which frankly I am not all that disappointed that I
missed as it is very long and my girls are not the greatest sitters) and
we ran out there for dinner around 7 when we were both off work... and
what a treat. My parents had prepared all of our favorites (at least
mine hahaha) and we filled our bellies with deliciousness and our hearts
with laughter. I always get nervous when we eat in my parents (formal)
dining room. Its like going to a restaurant where the food is free...
but you are always terrified that the girls will make a mess on the
expensive chairs or scratch the wood table. Side-note: when we were kids
AJ and I were never even allowed in that room which is probably why we
are a little ski-dish in our adulthood. AND the thing that bothers the
crap out of me is yes, we were not allowed to step foot in that room yet
the grand kids are allowed to play in there- coloring, construction
paper, dollies and tea parties... say what??? (anyways...) so yes it was
a lovely meal together which was followed by opening gifts for all of
us and the girl were so excited. Bella maybe more than the others
because she got to take on the role of "Santa's elf" by handing out the
presents. L-O-V-E L-O-V-E L-O-V-E-D IT! She didn't want to take the
costume off. Well that was until Kyra got each of the girls a new
dress-up outfit (what a great big-sister) Katie gets to pretend with a
waitress getup and via is a Chef. But depending on the day that could
all change. I have to say they are pretty good at sharing (for the most
part). Speaking of sharing- my parents have decided to share the gift of
health to my whole family this year. They were very generous and gifted
us a year's membership to the YMCA so we can participate in swim
classes, gymnastics and various other activities. I am looking forward
to getting back on the typicality and Timmy (Mr. melting away) is
planning on hitting the treadmills and the weights (Oh I am certainly
not complaining hahaha). Time to get my MP3 player up and rolling again.
No comments:
Post a Comment