Aj and Anna are officially moving to Green Bay- TODAY! Originally they were looking at a home that was only a few minutes from our house. Well it turns out that particular home (although it was lovely) was withdrawn off the market as the owner's new home fell through and they were no longer able to make an offer on it. I know they were pretty bummed about it and their realtor was super nice and upbeat reminding them that there are other fish in the sea... but it would have been a great home. So trying to stay optimistic with an impending move and no house to speak of the two of them were getting packed up and prepared to live in Al and Lynn's basement for a few months (my parents). That was until they found a house over in Allouez near the Broadview YMCA. I think initially they thought it was a long shot because its a beautiful home and its market value was well over the fair market value. Aj being the optimistic and spontaneous soul that he is put in "an offer" well below that value and even lower than the asking price and at first they laughed him off... but when they came back with a counter offer right where their budgeted price for a home was--- it was game on. So AJ and Anna are the proud new owners of a four bedroom house (in a pretty ritzy neighborhood if I do say so myself) only about 10 minutes away from me and 20 or so from my parents.
Dad and I loaded up into his SUV this morning and made the hour and a half trip down to Milwaukee to help them pack up their apartment. They had the good luck to find a sub-letter to take over their lease for the next six months so they could relocate closer to where Anna's new job will be. Aj is able to work from home and with four bedrooms in their new place, I cant see that being a problem. Some of Aj's buddies came to help out with the heavy lifting and Anna's brother Rudy and both her parents came along to help out as well. I initially was asked to accompany Dad so he didn't have to drive down and back by himself but I feel like I helped out quite a bit too. I was even able to use my super duper "Hoarder" packing skills and Dad's SUV was filled to the gills for the trip up north to Green Bay. At first we were hauling stuff down and stacking it next to the UHaul truck but then I started to get nervous about their belongings getting lifted when there was nobody down there.
So I volunteered to stakeout the moving truck and lookout for any questionable characters that may want to help themselves to a new set of golf clubs or a shiny new microwave. It was also an easy job to volunteer for because after climbing the two flights of stairs up to their apartment and back down like a million times... I was tired. So I kept an eye on their treasures and took the odds and ends over to Dad's vehicle. The whole Milwaukee end of the move took only 4 hours start to finish which was expedited because they were ready for us. Its easier to be a laborer when there is actually stuff ready to be moved. I am not good at standing around (typically hahaha) so Anna had various jobs for me to do and I ran all the lighter but bulky stuff up and down the stairs (the elevator was slow, tiny and smelled like feet... dirty ones). So in the interest of my sanity I took the environmentally friendly route (although not so Trina friendly ha!) and we "got er done." (I cant believe I just references Larry the Cable guy--- what is wrong with me???) When we got up to the new house we were able to unload their belongings into the garage (they sign on Wednesday so insurance and other official junk prevented us from moving them right in). This process of moving into said garage took literally 20 minutes--- it was amazing! We just all lined up and unloaded the various vehicles as a group and it was done. The plan is for them to be able to move into the house this coming weekend so here is hoping there are a few strong guys to help with the furniture. I plan to bring over some twinkle lights for their bushes and a wreath for their door--- what a nice sister (other's left overs are the best because they are FREE!!!)
No comments:
Post a Comment