Sunday, December 2, 2012

Cue the Christmas Music


Well folks its Christmas time again and you know what that means--- another holiday photo shoot. Now I have to preface this blog entry with the fact that I love and hate the activity. Timmy always cringes when he hears its time to rent out the studio because he knows just how uncomfortable those 50 minutes are going to be... he just cant win the poor guy. But he begrudgingly comes with me every year and lets me give impossible directions and "laser stares" essentially as the girls personal assistant in outfit changes. Each time I walk out of there ringing wet with sweat disappointed in the pictures I think I have captured throwing my hands in the air stating that "next year will be better." (which it never is by the way) Only to find out that once I am home looking them over I find a few that I absolutely love along with a few candid shots with smiles and tears realizing I am way more content than I thought I was. Which leads me to slowly inch up to my husband like a little bunny (he loves rabbits and could never hurt one) with big doe eyes and simultaneously apologizes and thank him (too much "I was wrong and you were right" and my head is sure to explode right off my shoulders... lets not push our luck here). Kyra was a huge help this year number one because she did a fairly good job of smiling (even though she wants her hair in front of her eyes ... i will never understand teenagers I fear) and she even helped me with trying to get the girls to smile at the camera. So all in all this year went well. I continue to be hopeful that next year will be even better realizing that at each age the girls will be looking away from the camera no matter what I do (little ones because they are distracted and older ones because I am annoying) either way it must be done (because I said so). Hahaha

No comments: