Thursday, May 21, 2009

One Sick Baby


Kaitlynn has had quite the cough for the last week. She has been really congested in the morning which doesn't help when she sleeps on her tummy. But today she was not as smiley as normal and just looked weird to me. She started wheezing around 9 am and she struggled to breathe. So... being the good Respiratory therapist I am I called the doctor to see when we could get in. They told us to get there as fast as possible and they would have a doctor waiting to see us. Talk about service...and they weren't lying. She did very well at the clinic even though you could tell she didn't feel well. They ended up sending her home on nebulizers which I have to admit are not a foreign concept to me... frankly I experience them WAY too much thank you. Anyway she was breathing better right away and only got better with time. Timmy and I were pretty scared though... Our first real scare.

No comments: