Well its a funny story. Ever since we moved into the house on the east side there has been an eerie feeling in the upstairs bedroom. At first it was Kyra's room and she never wanted to sleep in there saying that the walls were staring at her. I never understood and tried not to make a big deal out of it. About five years ago I was folding laundry on the couch and there was this giggling sound coming from that room. I thought I was hearing things so I just cranked up the music and went along my merry way. Now a few months ago Kaitlynn came to my bed saying that the children would not let her sleep. I was pretty zonked out so I told her to sleep in my bed if they were bothering her--- not fully realizing what she was saying to me. Do I believe in ghosts? Hell no. Especially in my own house. Other people's houses- Sure. I don't have to deal with them and the prospect is pretty cool. But not at my house with my family and my nerves. So I made the unfortunate decision to explain this whole thing to one of my more open-minded coworkers at the hospital. She then got on the topic of spirit dolls and having a person's spirit held in a personal item after their death (ask me sometime... I assure you its a great story) exploring the idea of maybe getting up in the attic (which I have never been in during the entire time I have lived there--- primarily because it is super creepy and not a cool creepy but rather a creepy creepy... if you catch my drift) so she volunteered to go up there and explore for me. I was knee deep in the believing in the paranormal at this point. We brought out the tall ladder so she could get up into the rafters and she even brought this huge spotlight so she could see in the dark. Not to mention the miner's light she wore on her head and the "bunny suit" to protect her clothing from all the insulation. Now here comes the good part... While she was up there I was standing in the kitchen fully expecting there to be nothing up there but secretly hoping there was a toy or something. Nothing. Oh wait. Something. A doll. NO WAY!!! Oh my God Trina look at this! She throws the doll covered in insulation right at me and I inspect it ( a hand stitched doll with a dress on from the 60s and crazy two toned hair and buttoned eyes. which looked like me. wait... "lift the skirt"... TRINA is stitched on her belly) WTF!!! ..... silence..... that's not nice.
So my girlfriends went through this whole elaborate ordeal creating a "spirit doll" from hand and setting me up for this monster trick all because of my stupid ghost story... they really got me good. Which bothered me because usually I am on the other end of the joke laughing at the poor sap who got "punked" Oh no! not this time. It was play a trick on Trina day--- and it was so good. Honestly for the next 20 minutes that was all I could say "You got me good." Ah- it was so good (shaking my head as we speak).
1 comment:
Love it!
Post a Comment