Thursday, July 22, 2010

Algoma, how I love you!

So this past Saturday my little family of four headed up to Algoma for a few hours. And yes if you are keeping track that is the third weekend in a row that I have been up there. We went for three reasons:
#1- So that I could eat at the Bistro again and show Timmy just how good the food is. He agreed that we are going to have to go there again sometime. SCORE!
#2- I have been thinking about that lawn sculpture for a few weeks now and have decided that I MUST own it. So we went to the "Flying pig" and bought my ridiculously expensive "talking heads" so that I could be happy and free of my wanting. Tim actually thought the gardens were cool, which was a plus because he is never into that kind of stuff. So I totally scored again.
#3- Kaitlynn loves to be in the water lately and Kyra always enjoys playing in the sand. So we went to the beach quick do the girls could play for a while. It wasn't long before we figured out what the funky smell was, but the girls really didn't seem to mind. There was alot of bird poop though... like a lot. But for a good thirty to forty five minutes the girls built trenches and sand castles with intermittent dips in ice cold Lake Michigan. Tim and I lounged on the shore, which was especially awesome because we NEVER do that kind of stuff together anymore. I am looking forward to this afternoon as the two of us will have a few hours together without the girls. As most of you know my baby brother gets married this Saturday so we are all heading over to the Janesville area to celebrate with them. Mom and Dad are picking up the girls today around 1030 which leaves Tim and I time to get caught up on the house, maybe do lunch and get through a few boxes in the loft before I have to lay down for a nap (I work a night shift tonight- crappy I know- but I will sleep in the car tomorrow). So anyways- I am forewarning you that there will be no posting going on until at least Tuesday but when I return it will with very happy memories... I hope :)

No comments: