Saturday, July 3, 2010

Hot Hot Hot

This turned out to be what Kyra would call a fun filled day. I was supposed to call Dad when I got up to coordinate our little day trip but he must have been too excited because he called me at 7 am this morning asking when we were coming over for breakfast... hello- need more sleep please. But after that I was up so I hopped in the shower and then got my girlies rolling. We had a quick little breakfast and then packed up in the SUV for an adventure up north. We were not quite sure where we were headed but knew that we wanted some cheese curds (priorities people). We drove past Luxemburg and stopped at Ron's Cheese shop but the curds were from Thursday- not fresh enough for this team! We continued on to Algoma where mom and dad took me to see the coolest little flower and art shop. Let me tell you I was inspired. Kyra and Kaitlynn had a last checking out all the neat garden decorations and I was motivated to start painting again (when life slows down a bit- so never). But Kyra and I decided that after next years rummage sale we are going to clean out the loft to the best of our abilities and set up an art studio- fun huh? We hit the boardwalk after our discovery and the girls had fun playing in the sand. Kyra was trying to find good rocks for skipping and Kaitlynn was literally sprinting up and down the wooden path. Good thing my parents had plenty of energy because I was not ready to run after her. We played on the beach for a bit but Bella Bean was getting sleepy and our bellies were growling so we loaded back into the car to move on in our adventure. We stopped briefly to check out a local cemetery (Kyra loves them) and I had to be grateful that we were not visiting my father this July 4th weekend in the cemetery. I know its morbid... but its true. After a quick tour and a whole lot of questions we took a drive along Lake Michigan to look at all the beach homes. Mom and Dad fell in love with a 500,000.00 cottage. I told them to just put it on their Christmas list and see if Santa pulls through. We stopped in Sturgeon Bay for lunch at a cute little Bakery. I was so hungry that it didn't matter much to me what I ate- but the burger was great! Kyra and Bella had noodles and dad of course had to have some pie. For a guy that has half a stomach he sure loves him some food. We were getting pretty warm and short on time so we got our swimming suits on a dipped in the Lake for a bit. It was cold but the girls didn't seem to mind too much. Bella was trying to figure out what was under the water and why it hurt her little feet "owww" followed by sitting her little backside in the waves and splashing around- what a cutie. We stopped at the Red Rocket for fireworks on the way back home but they were too expensive. I mean really... they are just going to get burnt right? Oh well. I had to work tonight (time and a half woo hoo!) so I took a little nap and Jade came to pick Kyra up around 5pm. Even though it was our weekend we let her go with her mom since it was the 4th of July and we always have. We are pretty lucky so far in terms of sharing holidays- things might change now though with two little sisters... it should be interesting!

No comments: