Friday, July 23, 2010

Rehersal

Today we drove down to Janesville to join in the festivities already in progress. I unfortunately had to work a night shift last night so will be napping in the car on the way. While I was watching the news this morning it seems as if there was a series of storms that went through the southern part of the state and caused alot of flooding... and of course that's right where we are headed. So Timmy and I elected to buy a GPS quick before we left town so that if there were any road closures we could find some alternate routes. The girls came down yesterday with my parents to get some swim time and visiting in. Well I guess they got more visiting in than they had planned since the hotel lost power and people were ushered into the halls because it was not safe under the glass ceiling over the pool. It appears that their sealant was not quite water proof either because as it pored down the roof leaked. All in all I guess there was minimal damage... however the entire bottom floor flooded... which is definitely a problem seeing we have a ton of family from out of town that are not going to have rooms (quite the debacle). The girls were a little scared of the storm but did alot of cuddling and exploring in the hotel... a blast if you ask me. Anyways, we got into Janesville around 2 pm and found our group by the pool (ofcourse). It was great to see everyone. Mom and Mary were working on the centerpieces for tonight's rehearsal dinner and Dad was busy making sure that everyone was fed (much appreciated). After unloading the car (detour free by the way) we relaxed for a bit before getting the girls ready for church. AJ and Anna are getting married in Anna's church so we need to get the lay of the land, not to mention the rules. We packed up the car again and set out to the church- at mach 10 speeds courtesy of Al and Lynn Herrman. Luckily nobody was late and the practice went very well. I am a little concerned for how the girls are going to do tomorrow. The pastor said "You two (Tim and I) are the most important people right now... because you don't want your daughter to throw a fit and ruin the wedding do you?"--- Great, No pressure there. But there is a crying room that is insulated and sound proofed so our grand plan is to whisk Kaitlynn away as soon as she walks down the isle. We shall see... Dinner was at a local country club and the food was spectacular. Whoever decided to have it in the outdoor reception tent was really thinking because it was beautiful. Of course a little cross breeze would have been nice... but that's my fault for being pregnant in summer. After a delicious meal and a few kiddy cocktails my little group hit the road back to the hotel to do a little swimming. The girls and I hit the hay around 1030 or so but Tim stayed up to socialize (drink). I guess there was a regular old fist fight at one point between these two brothers that were staying there too... I am glad I missed it though because you know me- I always have to add my two cents :)

No comments: