This weekend my Grandma Herrman came over across the state with my cousins Nikki and Michelle. They got into town on Friday afternoon after what I am sure was a long car ride, and we visited for a while. Kyra was not able to join us because it was her mom's weekend but luckily she will get to see them at the wedding and maybe we can get over there this fall sometime... we will see. Anyways, we went out to eat Friday night at a local BBQ joint (Kansas City Style) and munched some very tasty ribs. Bella had fun running around the restaurant (little stinker) but lucky for me it was not a formal environment at all. We got our bellies full and then headed back to mom and dad's. Bella stayed over night (her favorite) and so I went home and got some much needed cleaning done. In the morning I headed back out there to pick up all my gillies and we ventured into town for a little rummaging... and it was good. Not alot of sales, but I think we all ended up finding a treasure of two. Even grandma was able to find a score from an older guy who I think was hitting on her a little bit ;) Around ten or so we called it a day and drove back out to mom and dad's to pick my dad up before we headed up to Algoma for the day. We caravaned the 30 mins or so it took to get up there and wouldn't you know... it was the Algoma neighborhood rummage sales... whoo hoo! At this point we were all pretty hungry so we went to a few and then grabbed a bite to eat. FYI: dad is kinda like a hungry puppy- if you don't feed him on time he'll either rip your head off or pout cause his tummy hurts (its all the meds I am sure). So we stopped at this really cute bistro downtown (Algoma is really small) and had what I think is one of the top ten meals of my entire life. It was expensive, don't get me wrong, but now I know how those movies stars feel eating really good food... but how do they stay so skinny? Argh- after yet another great meal we laded back into the cars and headed down the road to "The Flying Pig" which is probably one of the coolest garden shops you will ever run across. Its neat because it has your traditional plants and things for sale but then it also had all the really weird stuff too... stuff you wish you were creative and capable to making yourself. I found a little stature that I really liked but it was a hundred dollars... too rich for my blood. We strolled the garden for a while and played in the sand box before driving down the beach. It was important to Michelle that she get to go swimming this visit to Green Bay. We tried to get to the YMCA but it just didn't pan out so the Lake was the only option... brrrr. Bella got her chubby cheeks into her swimsuit too and had a blast with Michelle jumping through the waves. The rest of us were content with observing form the shore. You should have felt their skin when they got out- it was freezing! Michelle and Nikki really wanted to go to Red Robin while they were up here so that is where we went for supper. I really haven't been in the mood for meat too much lately do I got the smack and cheese- but I guess they make a pretty mean burger. I have to say that their tower of onion rings was yum yum yummy! Before they headed out of town again on Sunday we went as a group to the Wildlife Sanctuary across from Bay Beach to feed the ducks. I thought it was Kaitlynn's first time, but I was wrong. I didn't realize that my dad has taken her there a few times. So needless to say, Miss Bella was not afraid of the geese. She even started feeding them right out of her hand. At age 1.5! That little girl is fearless. At first she would put the corn in my father's hands and watch the geese eat it that way. And as soon as she got the courage (or understood- I am not sure which) she put her little hand out there full of corn and watched those hungry birds eat. She loved it! Lucky for me its free, well except for the corn, but whats a dollar? (Although I do remember when the bags were a quarter a piece). Oh well.
No comments:
Post a Comment