Saturday, July 24, 2010

Wedding Bells

Well today AJ and Anna got hitched... without a hitch (pretty clever I know). The girls wanted to get in the pool right away this morning. Tim and I went with Jerry and Laura to the Old Country Buffet for breakfast and they had blue ICIES- I was in heaven. We filled our bellies and headed back to the hotel. I had to stop by Wally World to pick up some blank DVDs for my camcorder, which by the way did not work- of course that's my luck. I have just under a million of them at home but I totally forgot them- damn preggo memory. The four of us got dressed and ready in less than an hour, which is pretty good for us since we had curlers and makeup for Kyra and myself. Kyra went to the church early with mom and dad (ants in the pants) and Bella, Tim and I followed behind them by just a few minutes. My heels were not too bad but are definitely not going to make it all night. The wedding is scheduled for 2 pm which is right in the middle of Kaitlynn's regular nap time but she did great. Anna looked beautiful and was super cute popping startbursts (so as not to pass out from low blood sugar). She even had me run AJ a red one before the wedding with an "I love you." The girls made it down the isle no problem and then Bella and Timmy went to the crying room while I joined my parents and grandma in the from of the church. Kyra sat with Tim's parents who were also invited. The vows were beautiful and thank gosh the church was air conditioned because it was plenty hot out... I think this is the worst possible summer to be pregnant... YUCK! But all the guests got to say their hellos before we went back into the church for picture. And wouldn't you know it, Kaitlynn was passed out. We let her sleep on the pew until it was family picture time. I wasn't sure if we were going to get the beauty or the beast but luckily it was the sweet little girl we all know and love. After pics we headed back to the hotel for the reception while the bridal party stopped at the local VA-gardens for some outdoor pictures. I had to coax Timmy into taking me through the McDonald's drive through because I was starving... and crabby. Baby and I layed down for about 30 minutes before the reception because I was having shooting pains in my lower abdomen- which is a sign that I am over doing it- not good. Dinner was delicious even though Kaitlynn kept getting up and going to the dance floor (she knows whats up). There was not as much glass clinking as I remember at our wedding three years ago... but that's probably good since AJ and Anna are so skinny- they needed to eat ;) The dancing was great and I have never seen such a packed dance floor. I think I drank at least six kiddy cocktails throughout the night... they went down so easy and tasted soooo good. Although I have to say the tummy ache from all the sugar that followed it was not so great. I was happy in a way that I was pregnant and not drinking because open bar plus Trina Herrman is not a good combination (it is as far as I am concerned). Bella made it till about 10pm and then headed off with Tim's parents to hit the hay. Kyra made it right up to the end and then crashed with Carlos and Mary. I was exhausted but it was nice to visit with all the family that was able to make it. Dad stayed till the bitter end (he was really tired) but it was important to him and the one thing I have learned from his whole illness is that if its important to you... why not do it? AJ and Anna danced up a storm along with their bridal party all night long. I cant believe that my baby brother is married... and that I have a sister... and that Anna is going to be a Herrman- too weird! (and AWESOME)

No comments: