
Today we all sorta lazy-dayed it by the pool as the family filtered in and out. AJ and Anna got up nice and early this morning to get the reception hall put back together and to get on the road to Door County for their mini-honeymoon. It was a great weekend but it went by way too fast. The majority of the Jones family hung out until lunchtime or a bit after and we lounged by the pool... it was HOT! The kids had a blast playing in the pool and miss Bella Bean found the cheeseballs so she was totally set. It was great to catch up a bit with the family and get all the gossip. Jennifer surprised me by asking if the girls and I would be interested in standing up in her wedding to Andrew this March in Texas- Hells yes we will!!! I am very excited because the color is fuscia- my favorite pink. After a great afternoon by the pool a bunch of us set out the VA-gardens with Dad to check out the flowers.


Bella had a blast walking around without being in a stroller. I had my inhibitions and reservations with the open water but she was great. We got some cute pictures and ideas for next summer's art studio. I am hoping to do some cool garden sculptures and decorations with Kyra next year. FYI- keep your eyes open for old windows that could be hung. It doesn't matter what size of panes or number of panes and the older and rougher the better... I have a plan! (PS- dumpster and curbside shopping is A-OK with me). Anyways, after a few hours of walking around taking in about all the beauty we could handle we set off to dinner at the Cracker Barrel (my favorite). For some reason I just cant get enough of this place! I like to look around at all the cool toys and crafty things (not that I enjoy crafts) and i could probably eat a bagillion chicken and dumplings not to mention the super good mac and cheese. After dinner we sat by the pool to settle our tummies and chat a bit before they kicked us out at 10pm- very particular I must add. But I was totally ready for bed with a big happy belly.
This is a little video of Mom, Kaitlynn, Jennifer and Mary in the gazebo at the gardens. They were pretending to do the dance scene from "The Sound of Music"... Kaitlynn would have made a very cute VonTrappe child :)
No comments:
Post a Comment