Sunday, July 18, 2010

Soccer Tournament

This weekend was Kyra's soccer tournament here in Green Bay. She has really come along her first year playing and I could not be any prouder of her. I had my moments... but all in all she did great. I was totally shocked when she not only volunteered to play forward today but actually requested it over defense and goalie. Whew Girl! So my little shy girl is becoming more outgoing and voicing what she wants- which was totally the plan behind this whole thing- I just didn't think it was going to work so quickly. Speaking of quickly... we were not sure that she would even be able to play today because of the "quick" downfall of rain that graced us this morning. Not only did it make for sloppy road conditions- the fields were a wreck. So there I was at 9 am in my bare feet and ginormous pregnant belly cutting up watermelon with some choice words under my breath. Because wouldn't you know... Our designated day to bring treats... was today. Ergh! So I got the watermelon cut up, loaded the cooler with some snack crackers and freezie Popsicle thingies and we headed off to the field...the four of us. Bella got to wear her little red lady bug rain boots and a yellow rain coat that I grabbed from Dominic before he left for Las Vegas. Although she was super cute she was a handful. Tim lugged the lawn chairs through the muck and I wrestled the cooler across the fields. All in all it went well though. I heard one girl say "Kyra is awesome" which is probably because I let them eat as much of the melon as they wanted. Regardless- Kyra IS awesome and becoming quite the little go getter. I just want to say thank you quick to all the family members that made it to her games this weekend. I know it means alot to her to have your support and it was more than obvious these last couple days... so thanks!

No comments: