After a much needed afternoon of relaxing, we packed up the babers and headed home to get our sweatshirts before staking our spots for the city 4th of July fireworks. We stole what I think is the perfect spot (thanx Andy and Paula) from Tim's brother at the local McDonald's. There is a strip of grass where you can not only fit a bajilliion lawn chairs but the kids can use their sparklers too. Kaitlynn made me very nervous being by the road like that but luckily my dad (BaBa) was close on hand to take many little walks. She had on the cutest little rain boots that looked like tiny lady bugs. Which was actually pretty intuitive because we were probably about 20 mins into the show and the rain started... BOOOOO! I was okay with it though because I got my chicken nuggets in just in time :) YUMSunday, July 4, 2010
Knee High by the 4th of July
So on our adventures yesterday we stopped on the side of the road so Kyra could check to see if the corn was knee high. I told her it was but she just didn't believe me (imagine that) and so I said "Get out and check." At first she thought I was joking and then she decided that she just might. So this is a picture of her checking the height of the corn... and indeed it was knee high by the 4th of July. Later on in the afternoon Dad wanted to know what a certain crop was that was growing in a local field and so he did the same thing... don't tell him I took his picture though :)
Today we spent the majority of the day over at Tim's parents home. I had to work last night so I slept until around 1pm or so when the little one woke up from her nap and then we headed over to visit with the family. There were alot of people too! We had the regulars being Andy, Paula and their girls, Jeremy, Karla, Andy Sr. and Sharon and then myself, Bella and Timmy (Kyra was with her mom). I didn't know that all the family friends were coming though too: Pat and James, Ed and Eileen, Anita and Gary, Tom and Susan... IT WAS GREAT! I really mean it because with the weird hours I work I rarely get to see the "extended family" (what I call them) and so this was one of those precious moments were I got to show off my pregnant belly and chew the fat.
After a much needed afternoon of relaxing, we packed up the babers and headed home to get our sweatshirts before staking our spots for the city 4th of July fireworks. We stole what I think is the perfect spot (thanx Andy and Paula) from Tim's brother at the local McDonald's. There is a strip of grass where you can not only fit a bajilliion lawn chairs but the kids can use their sparklers too. Kaitlynn made me very nervous being by the road like that but luckily my dad (BaBa) was close on hand to take many little walks. She had on the cutest little rain boots that looked like tiny lady bugs. Which was actually pretty intuitive because we were probably about 20 mins into the show and the rain started... BOOOOO! I was okay with it though because I got my chicken nuggets in just in time :) YUM
After a much needed afternoon of relaxing, we packed up the babers and headed home to get our sweatshirts before staking our spots for the city 4th of July fireworks. We stole what I think is the perfect spot (thanx Andy and Paula) from Tim's brother at the local McDonald's. There is a strip of grass where you can not only fit a bajilliion lawn chairs but the kids can use their sparklers too. Kaitlynn made me very nervous being by the road like that but luckily my dad (BaBa) was close on hand to take many little walks. She had on the cutest little rain boots that looked like tiny lady bugs. Which was actually pretty intuitive because we were probably about 20 mins into the show and the rain started... BOOOOO! I was okay with it though because I got my chicken nuggets in just in time :) YUM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment