Thursday, July 8, 2010

Heritage Hill

This week Kyra is spending three days at Heritage Hill Day Camp. It is being held at a local historical park here in Green Bay and Miss Kyra Jean Bean loves it! My parents gave her the opportunity for her birthday gift this year as they have for the past three I think. The price went up this year and I tried to help pitch in but they would have none of it. I think my mother's exact words were "Your money is dead to me." (with a dramatic tone and hand gesture of course). So we got all of her clothes together for the three day event- luckily her dresses from last year fit- although they wont next year YIKES! She loves to go through my bin of aprons (yes I collect those aprons from the 50s and 60s) and she was allowed to pick out three to wear. Sometimes I let her play dress up around the house and then she can pull them out but it is definitely a rare occasion. Kaitlynn wanted to play dress up too like her big sister so we found a mini apron for her to play in. Now I just wish I could talk Kyra into doing the housework as part of her make believe... maybe someday I can trick her. Regardless, she had a great time at her all girl day camps. They were held from 9am to 3pom and were filled with a variety of activities: doll making, churning butter, making yarn from wool, cooking and cleaning, art projects which included all the "olden day" fun that they could think of. There was a day that was partially dedicated to school and learning... which she was not that thrilled with, but got over once she found out she was one of the brightest girls there. Mom, Tim and I took turns with the drop offs and pick ups and poor Kaitlynn was devastated every morning when Kyra got out of the car "RyRa" she would say and then the waterworks would follow. But when we picked her up again it was all smiles. I cant say that Bella is miserable without Kyra because she actually does just fine... she just plain old enjoys life more with her around... me too!

This is a copy of the most recent ultrasound for baby Bronander #2. Its like one of those artsy posters that if you look at it long enough you can see a sailboat... in this case its a baby with chubby cheeks and a button nose. The doctor says that everything looks good. There was a question as to whether the heart was forming correctly or nit but it seems that the valves and flow are working just fine. No facial deformities that they can see. Our fingers are crossed and we are holding our breathe (not really) for Sept 14th.

2 comments:

Paula said...

And you are going to be 6 days late landing on Andy's birthday or 5 days early and land on our Anniversary. Either one works for me :)

Trina said...

I'll do my best... you can take it up with your niece :)