Thursday, July 25, 2013

Algoma city wide sales

A few weeks back little Bella, my mother and I all went to Algoma for the city wide rummage sales. Now when I say city- let me qualify- it’s a tiny little town but its all I need to be happy. We had gone to these last year and had such a great time with my cousins Nikki and Michelle finding baby treasures. This year was no exception. I found some awesome deals: a 1915 wedding license for a buck, a cute piece of pottery (for a purpose I will explain in the future) a bunch of kids clothes for the girls ranging from rain boots to swim suits. Which came in handy when Katie requested we “go to the sea” over and over and over. I had to explain to her that we were infact nowhere near the sea and Lake Michigan would have to do. So we took a quick dip in the water which made the Bella Bean happy. Right before we stopped at the beach the three of us stopped at a sale where there was a artist selling her creations. Most of them had a lighthouse theme just like the one on the Algoma beach. Mom loves to go to her sales because (whether she admits it or not) the woman reminds her of her mother (my grandma Jones). Not necessarily a spitting image but in her gestures, her manner of speaking and even the way she walks… its pretty cool. I think she would have stayed there all day had Katie not begged for the sea. Its like our little piece of heaven--- literally. One of our first stops of the day was at a church sale where they were giving away the costumes they must have previously used to put on the “Christmas Story.” For free.  So get this there were robes and sandals and dresses… dresses that Kyra and I can use for our next renaissance fair. YES!!! Now I don’t have to spend 200 bucks for Kyra to be clad in period appropriate clothing. Which totally makes up for the really not so good chicken booyah we bought. (I cant say terrible because I came from a church and I am pretty sure God will strike me down for saying it sucked). Livin the dream my friends… livin the dream.

No comments: