Friday, July 26, 2013

Cherry Pickers

Can you believe there is a whole nother month of summer to enjoy still??? Its very exciting! Pickin Cherries… In theory it sounds adorable. But in real life (for me) its torture. But my parents both love to do it and the girls have a blast so I go along, swatting at the bugs and taking loads of pictures. I think it stems back from when Dad was so sick and we were desperate to find any activity that let all of us participate. He got on the cherry picking kick and has never looked back. Although we have to remind him that each bucket of cherries costs 12.00 (or was it 24.00?) so he can’t go all buck-wild. This year was the first time that Via has come along and boy did she have fun. Katie was ambivalent as it was fun to climb the ladders but she thought the cherries were too bitter so it was a wash for her. I on the other hand LOVE to eat cherries but being out in the sun and the sticky heat just sucks. This year though it was not all that bad. I love any reason to go up to Door County so I was all about joining in on the fun… and a free lunch is great too. Bella and Via even found a cool stump while we were in the orchard and a “whacking tool” that they used to smash cherries (along with any stray bugs)… my crazy little devils.

No comments: