Last night a bunch of us met up at our favorite place to watch the fireworks in Green Bay … McDonalds. I know it sounds funny but there is a great little spot close to downtown but out of all the crazy traffic and it just so happens to be right in front of McDonalds. Which is incredibly convenient because there are bathrooms and ice cream cones available at all times. I left Timmy home with Via (it freaks him out to have her that close to the road) and he had to get up at 5 am so we thought it best for them to stay home. Kyra went to Jade’s around 1pm to start her week there and to share the holiday with her stepbrothers and stepdad. Bella and I went drove to McDonalds and met her cousins Cassie and Kalli there along with my sister-in-law Paula and Tim’s brother Andy. Paula’s parents were there too and so it was nice to visit with them there with the cool breeze blowing. If you don’t know by now, I am literally addicted to sparklers so the 4th of July is my excuse to go crazy and burn a crap ton of them. (honestly I have sparklers around the house year long… Santa and baby Jesus like a little bling on Christmas I know it!). I picked up a few “snaps” which are little crackers that you throw at the ground and they make a snapping sound but there is no fire involved. It was interesting to watch this one woman in particular who was very nervous with us being near her car. I am such a control freak and was very clear with how the three girls had to throw them directly down on the ground in front of them but this woman kept freaking out and finally moved her car… sweet—more room for us to play. Bruce, Barb and the boys joined us to watch the show too. It turns out the Bruce jarred his back pretty bad on the rollercoaster yesterday and was in a bit of pain. Damnit. But he was a good sport and you wouldn’t even know (except I did). We beat the traffic getting out of there and made it home before 11--- off to bed right away because we had to get up for some early morning rummage sales. Now the thing about rummage sales is around a holiday it can be hit and miss. Sometimes people have off and decide to host one because they have the free time. Other folks go out of town so it can be slim pickins. Today’s sales were just about perfect though- except it was hella hot. We all found a few treasures to bring home (even things on my checklist). Funny story: I have perpetuated the myth that mom and I can find anything at rummage sales. It seems every time AJ asks us to find something at a sale all of a sudden there it is. And without trying these things tend to pop up. Like the time on a Thursday night he said “Oh by the way I need a kitchen table set, a couch, a coffee table and a mattress all by next week for my move to Milwaukee .” Are you freakin serious??? “And cheap.” Yah, that’s gonna happen. Well wouldn’t you know--- it did. What in the blue blazes??? (Shaking my head) I can’t explain it but for some reason it seems that we just have some pretty awesome luck--- I’ll take it! So after a morning of running to sales we regrouped at mom and dads to drive up to Algoma for what was supposed to be city wide rummage sales (and was not) and then cut over to the other side of Door County and PC Junction for supper. Theresa, Mason and Andrew had to cut out early (the joys of being a farmer) so we missed their company but the rest stayed on to continue the 4th of July adventures. We drove up in two cars and AJ planned to meet us for the meal after his work day. I enjoyed some much needed quality girl time with my ladies (who napped) Anna my brother’s wife and my mother. (Why is it that mommas always know how to make their girls feel better) I have just been overwhelmed lately and totally stressed out with life--- not bad but just a little more chaotic than normal (and carrying the burdens of others) its just weighing on me. So to have a little shopping and verbal cleansing was GREAT!!! (can you imagine I am not the most forthcoming with my emotions… hmmmm—lol) The whole time we were rummaging I was concerned that Bruce was not finding anything to buy. Well we finally found one up in Algoma where he found a few treasures himself. Grandma may have even found herself a new boyfriend who walked her back to the car to be sure she was safe.
You still got it Grandma! After a great day of treasure hunting we headed out for supper at PC Junction (Google it- the place is awesome and totally worth the drive). The menu is not huge but what they make is good and the group liked the all u can eat Friday fish fry… my favorite is a steak burger. Side note: they have the best ranch dressing of any establishment I have ever eaten at- for reals it’s that good. After we ate the kids hit the playground until the adults were all finished and could join them. That’s when the fun started. There is a giant dirt track and pedal go carts to ride through the woods. There is an enormous chess set, a basketball court framed with old doors and windows, an old school bus and a tiny arcade area. This place is heaven for any non-mainstream artist as it is busting at the seams with inspiration. There is even a 800lb pig that lives in the woods (with some pretty decent accommodations I must say) Katie and Via spent quite a while checking that guy out before Kate turned to me and said “mother… can I interest you in some of your favorite??? Bacon!” (she calls me mother all the time and it totally freaks me out-eeek) mmmmm Bacon.
You still got it Grandma! After a great day of treasure hunting we headed out for supper at PC Junction (Google it- the place is awesome and totally worth the drive). The menu is not huge but what they make is good and the group liked the all u can eat Friday fish fry… my favorite is a steak burger. Side note: they have the best ranch dressing of any establishment I have ever eaten at- for reals it’s that good. After we ate the kids hit the playground until the adults were all finished and could join them. That’s when the fun started. There is a giant dirt track and pedal go carts to ride through the woods. There is an enormous chess set, a basketball court framed with old doors and windows, an old school bus and a tiny arcade area. This place is heaven for any non-mainstream artist as it is busting at the seams with inspiration. There is even a 800lb pig that lives in the woods (with some pretty decent accommodations I must say) Katie and Via spent quite a while checking that guy out before Kate turned to me and said “mother… can I interest you in some of your favorite??? Bacon!” (she calls me mother all the time and it totally freaks me out-eeek) mmmmm Bacon.
No comments:
Post a Comment