Saturday, July 20, 2013

Corn Corn and more Corn

I was going to title this Coooooorrrrrnnnn like a foreign soccer game but then I realized it took way too long to explain and would proably only be funny to me so I said forget it. However, at this point I have already doe so there it tis. lol.The drive back to Green Bay was long. Super long. We were trying to stretch it out so that we could stop in Madison and eat at Dickey’s BBQ. Which we did. Tim had never tried it and Kyra and I totally love it so brisket and mac and cheese it is. Bella loved the free ice cream and had no less than three cones. I honestly didn’t care because how often do I let her have it? Never. It’s a treat for sure so why not live it up.

About half way back I was getting super antsy. Like insanely fidgety so I asked Timmy if he minded terribly that we stop in Dickeyville, Wi at the Grotto (google it sometime)  since we were so close and I had always wanted to see it. He reluctantly said yes and so we took a little break from driving to see this one of a kind marvel. All this work. A lifetime and more… it’s truly amazing. I think the fact that this mixes Catholicism, art and oddity (which all fascinate and intrigue me) made it pretty much my own little corner of heave on earth. And get this!!! They were hosting a rummage sale in the church basement? WHAT!!! Could this get any better? Well actually it can. After chatting up the super cute grandma in the souvenir store (with 25 year old rosaries, medallions and bibles—creepy but cool) I found out that the guys from American Pickers were there just the week before. Really?!? This is the third time that I have ALMOST crossed their path… it’s only a matter of time before I get to run right into them. Preferably not with my car though because honestly- how many bumpers can this girl go through? lol

No comments: