Sunday, July 21, 2013
Family Fishing
Timmy had mentioned that our little vacation really didn’t have any activities that were his suggestion. And while he is not necessarily wrong, he never really put any suggestions out there. Well besides where to eat hahaha. Which I have to say, all of our meals were delicious. So when I ran out of ideas for Sunday and frankly didn’t want to come up with another 100 bucks for a hotel if there was nothing in-particular people wanted to do his suggestion of fishing sounds pretty good. That was until he expanded on that idea and the details surfaced that we were going to be getting up at 6am. WTF? Argh. For him. That’s the only reason I would do anything besides work or rummage that early in the morning. Crap, I really didn’t want to go. But it wasn’t that bad. Katie and Kyra got up and dressed with little to no fuss and we even stopped for breakfast on the way (like we needed to eat out again). But this was an event in his mind and nothing goes better with family fishing than a stop at MickeyDs… oh and a coffee stop for momma. We sat out for a few hours and I think everyone caught something. Oh yeah, except me. Which was okay because I had a few bites. I just got so excited when I got a nibble that instead of gently snagging on my line I gave it a big ‘ol yank. Oh well. I am still learning. At least that’s my excuse thus far. Katie had fun playing with the worms. Gross. Kyra hooked her own bait and took her fish off the line too. Except Timmy had to help her because the catfish here a little prickly on their spines. Bella had Jeremy to help her and I swear they caught like 3 or four fish. Not fair. But that only means I will have to go again and show ‘em up. But I have two rules. I don’t touch worms and I don’t touch the fish. EVER. For no other reason than I don’t like things that wiggle in my hands… and they remind me of snakes. Stupid snakes- YUCK!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment