Today was the first day of our big family
summer vacation. Last spring we talked about where we wanted to go and
none of us had a marked preference but we knew we were on a bit of a
budget. Kyra loves the Wisconsin Dells (and so do I yippee) so we
decided that we would definitely hit a water park and go from there. For
the past few years she has been all about Mount Olympus which is an
outdoor theme park, indoor and outdoor water park and a hotel. So for
her birthday that’s what we got her. I think when we showed up to the
hotel room she was a nit disappointed because we were not staying at the
main resort (350.00 a night by the way) but after a while she got over
it and realized that number one we are not made of money (it still cost
160.00 to stay) and number two, we were only in the hotel room to sleep
so it wasn’t a huge deal in the end. When you stay at the hotel you get
two passes for each person so although we could not check in until 4 pm
we were able to hit the water park well before that. Olivia stayed back
in Green Bay with my parents which was a little tough at first, but
really it was a good thing because there is no way she would have been
able to make it through the two days of awesomeness. So we set out and
started at the water park, all four of us in our aqua socks lol. But I
am totally glad we had them because otherwise all that walking on the
cement would have totally eaten up our feet for sure. Bella had fun in
the lazy river and even tried a few slides. It was roughly a million
degrees and I thought the park would be crazy busy but really there were
not that many people there. I guess it could also be the fact that we
went on a Thursday. Not matter what the reasoning it was great because
we had very little wait time in-between activities. Kyra’s favorite was
the wave pool… the kind where a giant wave comes and blows you over and
you either have to jump into it or try to dive under it. We did it a
million times. I liked the fact that they were playing live music and we
could jam out in-between waves. Bella liked the go-carts (I kicked ass
by the way) and the little kid roller coaster. She liked it so much that
she even asked the operator if she could go again- and they totally let
her. That little stinker… I guess you cant get what you want unless you
ask right? After playing at the various parks we were all pretty hungry
so we got dressed and headed to dinner. WE chose Marleys which is a
Caribbean type of restaurant and frankly one of my top five places to
eat. Kyra was a little freaked out (she gets total anxiety when she has
to order a meal when she is unfamiliar with the menu) but she did
great. I got my usual rum-grouper, Timmy got his jerk tilapia and Kyra
tried to the jerk pork fettuccine. We had them put her meat on the side
just incase but she totally loved it- score! After dinner we took our
full bellies to a “Wisconsin Dells” attraction called Top Secret For the past
few years we have driven past it and Kyra has asked what it was and
frankly I had no idea. But being the great mommy I am I googled it and
found out that it’s a haunted house of sorts with interesting side show
type rooms and fun facts. What the hell! We should have gone here years
ago! SO we tried it (especially because we had a 50% off coupon which
made it super sweet) and I think all four of us had a good time. Bella
was front and center for the majority of our time there and when the
tour guide divided us into two groups she even named our team: Team
Sparkles; Tim loved it I know. But regardless of what our name was
(lol) we had fun and Kyra was creeped out and laughing the whole time.
Her favorite joke: The tour guide was holding an alien skull and asked
us if it was a boy or girl… after a pause she said that there was no
real way to tell just from the bones so we would just have to call it
Justin Bieber. Hahaha it was hilarious and Kyra laughed out loud at that
one. We took a few pictures (as I am a photo freak) and then hit the
hay for our next big day.
No comments:
Post a Comment