Not
in my world. Candy for the kiddos and beers for the mommies- its great
(and I am not kidding about the beer-lol). After fishing the girls and I
loaded up in the car and headed to Luxemburg to meet my parents and Via
for a parade. Mom and Dad were nice enough to watch her while we were
gone and I was missing her like crazy. We parked the car and dragged our
chairs to the sidewalk where they were already waiting for us. I
dropped my stuff and swooped up my baby. It was slow-motion tears and
laughter. I nearly squeezed her to death I think. After we got all the
hugs out of the way we set up our chairs and hunkered down for the
parade to start. It was great to catch up with my parents and see what
they did with their four days with a two year old. It sounds like it was
pretty fun going to the zoo, botanical gardens and the McDonalds play
land a handful of times. Mom sounded a little congested and it seems
like she had come down with a bit of a summer cold. I am not exactly
sure why but everyone in my family ended up getting a cold this summer-
except me. Knock on wood. I am sure it has something to do with working
in the hospital and either I brought it home with me (sorry y’all) or I
am immune to it because I am covered in it all the time. Either way,
this girl hasn’t gotten it yet. Although I have to say I think Miss
Bella bean has some serious allergies (which is exactly how she says it-
its adorable) because she has been glossy eyed for weeks now.
I
am not sure what it is about parades and servicemen making me cry but I
always cry like baby when they march past holding the flag. I can’t
help it. So as they walked past I teared up but I wasn’t the only one;
dad was right there with me. Thank goodness. Someday they will stop
throwing candy at parades. In big cities they already have and even in
little Green Bay. But out in Luxemburg they throw candy to this kids by
the handful. And even though I would rather the girls not eat it for
their teeth’s sake. They love the fun of it. Heck I remember being a kid
and running out into the road and grabbing as much candy as I could
before it got run over by the next float. AJ and I used to spend hours
dividing it up (after mom snuck out the tootsie rolls of course). I
think Kyra thought she was too old to run out there and grab it. You
could just see her squirming in her chair wanting to get out there with
the rest of them. But when she realized that Via was struggling a bit it
was a great excuse for her to get in on the action while “helping” the
little one. Genius on her part. What a great sister.
You can see how excited mom was to get coupons for her favorite florist. Its kinda a big deal :)
No comments:
Post a Comment