
So by now you all know about my photo shoot issues by now and the funny part is that I am now a firm believer that if things can go wrong they certainly will go wrong and they do so in the the "power of threes." To elaborate... Right after Thanksgiving I had Timmy bring down the Christmas Tree out of the loft above our garage. It is nice because although I take all the ornaments off every year, I can store the rest of the tree standing upright and leave all the lights on it for the other 11 months of the year undisturbed. Well this year the girls decided that the white gate surrounding the tree was more of a "suggestion" than a firm "keep out" and the little bruisers broke through the barrier and knocked over the tree. Thank goodness I did not have any ornaments on the tree yet because i think I would have been totally heartbroken as all of my ornaments are glass and have some sentimental theme... dodged a bullet there. I got the tree standing upright again and all the lights still worked so I gave them a few days to see if it would happen again. I guess my stern words did not work on a one year old and a three year old (imagine that) and they happened to bust through again and tackle the tree... it was pretty shiney. At any rate we had a bare tree for Christmas this year and I am contemplating what I will do for the next few years until the girls are older. So number one was my photo shoot gone bad. My second adventure was the Christmas Tree hitting the floor a few times. And my third mishap was my Christmas letter... I typically have my letter done by the beginning of December ready to be sent out in the first week or so. With the picture snafoo and work being crazy I just ran out of time this year. So when I had a little extra moment I sat down and typed like the dickens. I was pretty proud how quickly I did it and did the best proofreading job I could (by now you know I am a poor speller and lazy proofreader ) and sent it to the printer... or so I thought. I was in such a hurry after I tested the paper direction I ripped up the original with edits and threw it in the recycling ... which was a bad idea because instead of print i hit copy and there was nothing in the machine- noooooo! So i pulled the letter out of the garbage and taped it back together so I could type it again. Looking back its pretty funny but at the time I would not have been so easily convinced.
No comments:
Post a Comment