Thursday, December 15, 2011

Sick as sick can be...

I have never been as sick in my entire life as I was for 36 hours a few weeks ago... it was horrible. I remember getting up with the girls in the morning and feeling a little "punky" (as my mother would say). We sat on the couch and watched cartoons and I got up to start making lunch and it took me a while to get it together- which is unusual for me. I got them dressed and fed and myself dressed but within about an hour I was just feeling really bad. I remember thinking "how am I going to get these girls over to Sharon's and get to work on time?" Lucky for me on the way over to Nana's I had to pull over and toss my cookies so there was no work in my future that day. I called the hospital and told them I wouldn't be in, dropped the girls off at Andy and Sharon's and went home to crawl into bed. I heard Tim come home around 6 but it didn't matter... cause I was not moving from that bed. The only times I got up was to visit the restroom and them got right back into bed. I guess I was sleeping on and off for a total of 18 hours- crazy huh? I felt better the following afternoon but still not great because I was in the bathroom holding a towel and Katie cam in. I must have looked at her funny because she said to me "No momma- you no throw up in towel!!!" and it was all over after that. I was sick, Kaitlynn was sick and Via was sick... a triffecta of lovely ladies full of puke and diarrhea.
After taking care of all of his girls, Timmy had just plain had it- he was tuckered out. I have to give him an enormous amount of credit because I have never seen so much vomit and poop in my entire life. It was coming from everywhere! It was a sick house. I know there were a few times that I had one of the girls up on the changing table and opened a diaper to find something absolutely stomach turing (literally) and just hoping they would not fall off while I was visiting the porcelain thrown. Lucky for me there were no big bodily accidents just an awful lot of laundry. We are still finding socks and blankets in loads of clean laundry that we have flashbacks of these horrible few days when we are folding them. I literally had to change Via's crib three times in one afternoon. Lucky for me being the Rummaging Queen of hoarding I have enough mattress pads and sheets to cover the need no problem. I guess it just reinforces that when the Bronanders get sick... we get really really sick.

No comments: