Monday, December 26, 2011

Hooray its finally Christmas

Christmas was interesting for us this year- but honestly- its always interesting for us!  I was scheduled to work Christmas Eve from 230 pm until 3 am Christmas Day. Because Tim is not the biggest fan of taking the girls by himself to church we decided that since my parents offered to take them, we might just cash that offer in. In fact they ended up taking both girls for an overnight- ambitious to say the least. So I got them all packed up and gave Tim strict instructions to take some cute pictures of them in their outfits for Christmas Mass because I would not be able to see them at all... and he did his best. After heading to bed at 330 am Tim and I actually slept in until 10am before we got dressed for lunch at my parents house. When we got there the little girls were so excited to see us especially since we had their big sister Kyra in tow. (FYI: we share Christmas with Jade so one year we get her for Christmas Eve and Christmas Day until noon and then the next year we get her for Christmas Day at noon until that night. This year was our noon until bedtime rotation.) We had a few gifts to open as a family from my parents who were feeling extra generous this year. They bought both the little girls life insurance policies (Kyra has one from them from a few years back) and Kyra got a gift certificate for a trip to Disney World this Spring. Tim and I faired well too.. not only did they give us each a little spending money but get this- a quarter of a cow! I apologize to my vegetarian friends and I respect your position... but WOOHOO!!! I cant tell you how excited we were because this will keep our family in "chop meat" for quite a while which makes me super duper happy. After we had a great lunch and a nice little visit we headed to our house to open a few gifts for the girls. My goal this year (and honestly a change in lifestyle for my family) is to have a few very meaningful gifts at Christmas time. I know this may seam crazy to alot of you but this is how I grew up and I think it makes you appreciate getting gifts in general. I hated a few years ago when I asked Kyra what she got for Christmas and she couldn't tell me- really? There was too much to remember. I vowed then and there that when I had my babies they were not going to forget their gifts not matter how big or small. SO this year from Tim and I Bella got a wooden dress up girl with magnetic clothes (similar to paper dolls), a LaLaLoopsy dolly and Cars2 the movie. Olivia got a little white rocking chair and the Disney movie Dumbo. Kyra got a blue Wii remote (the girl loves to dance) and a "sewing for Dummies" book to help her construct her fashion projects in a reasonable (and preferably safe) manner. I am all for creativity but the girl freaks me out when she is holding a needle and brushes her bangs out of her eyes.. I can just see it now: 11 Year Old wears eye patch after Inattentive Stepmother Allows her to poke eye out with Needle.... eesh. On Black Friday Kyra desperately wanted to come with me on my shopping trip which ended up fetching her big Christmas gift this year- some boots "with the fur." So in this picture she is showing off her "Apple Bottom Jean and the Boots with the Fur" (not that I let her listen to that kind of music at age 11) ... I swear I am a decent mother, but I am digging myself quite the hole here aren't I? Changing the subject, ahem- we went over to Timmy's parent's house in the evening for supper some family time. His brothers Jeremy and Andy were there along with Paula, Andy's wife  (and an awesome sister in law I might add) and their two daughters Cassie (age11) and Kalli (age 7). The girls get along pretty well when they are all together but it is fun to watch Kalli and Kaitlynn interact as they grow older. Katie desperately wants to be around Kalli but she drives her nuts so Kalli is always trying to play with Kyra... its a vicious circle but entertaining still the same--- the teen years should be interesting. When all was said and done we had an amazing Christmas holiday filled with lots of love from our amazing family and friends... we love you all so very very much.
(PS- Jackie I am trying to get some pictures of the girls with their "nocculars" as Bella says it and the guitar Livi is addicted to... they are crazy in love with you and I thank God for you everyday... especially when I see our picture together "outside the drugstore" above my stove... you are truly the best friend I could have ever asked for and I am so lucky to have found you those 25 years ago- I love you girl... K I am going to cry now so I will call it quits before my keyboard short circuits from the tears)

No comments: